Ensuring your compliance to the compulsory Packaging Scheme
The Packaging Waste Regulations have been in place in the UK since 1997. Some 6,800 businesses are registered although it is likely that there are still many more that are obligated but have not yet registered.
What is are the Packaging Waste Regulations
By April each year, obligated businesses should be registered with the environmental Agencies, either direct or through a compliance scheme such as Greenpack.
Companies must gather all data to ensure that they supply the weight of packaging handled in the previous year 'as accurately as reasonably possible'.
For many businesses, this presents several challenges:
- It is time consuming, especially for businesses with multiple sites
- It is often complex understanding scope and satisfying accuracy requirements
- There are often issues with maintaining continuity
- Businesses find it difficult to determine market competitiveness
- It is potentially costly both financially and legally
How Greenpack will ensure your business is compliant
- We ensure all parts of the business are properly registered and legally compliant.
- Reduce your administration and let us take on the burden of administering your registration.
- Helping develop systems solutions to gather data, enabling us to collect & collate the data from your business units.
- We take responsibility for managing your complete Packaging Regulations from start to finish.
- We offer totally impartial advice on your existing scheme fees.
- Keeping you compliant by providing regular updates to changes in the Packaging Regulations and other areas of waste legislation that may affect you.
- Providing expert training materials and training on the Regulations and data.
Greenpack CIO Statement 2015
Greenpack has complied with the Consumer Information Obligations in 2015 through the provision of a CIO page on its website (Consumer Information Obligations).
This is accessible to all consumers and explains how packaging waste can be recycled.