Join The Greenzone Team
If you’re looking for a new challenge within the waste industry always, we’re always on the look out for new talent to join our team.
A career at Greenzone
Greenzone believe that our most valuable commodity is our people. We are always looking for conscientious individuals to become part of our team. The thing we all have in common at Greenzone is a real passion for making life better for our customers. You won’t find a more committed or enthusiastic team anywhere.
No matter which area of the business you apply to join you will find there are plenty of opportunities to learn new skills and develop a rewarding career.
How to apply for a vacancy
We don’t use application forms so please send your CV together with a covering letter, this is important to us and should include:
- Position that you are applying for
- Reasons you consider yourself suitable for the position
- Reasons for leaving your most recent employment
- Employment dates
- Current salary/salary expectations
- Current location inc. details of any planned relocation
You can either email your application direct to:
or post to: Recruitment, Greenzone Facilities Management, The Corner House, Brunel Drive, Newark, Nottinghamshire, NG24 2EG.
Unfortuantely, we are uanble to consider CV’s submitted without a covering letter.
We are recruiting for a Chief Technology Officer to join our Leadership Team with the vision and drive to take our technology (and in turn our business) to the next level.
Located in Newark, Nottinghamshire, we are a waste management broker with over 50 years of combined experience in providing national waste management services to an extensive number of business sectors, including Government, NHS, retail, manufacturing, and hospitality to name a few.
Our mission is to make our communities better by delivering environmentally friendly waste solutions that create a cleaner and more sustainable future.
We have a customer focused approach and have the expertise and experience to support our clients with their environmental aspirations and net zero goals. By partnering with our extensive network of suppliers, many of whom are SME’s, we can source the best prices available, saving our customers valuable time and money.
Here at Greenzone, we pride ourselves in going the extra mile for our customers. Our inhouse software development team provides our clients with valuable data and MI, and our operations and creative departments provide support day to day and for client mobilisations.
We have delivered exceptional customer service for over 15 years to the companies we work with and continue to do so.
At Greenzone, technology is at the heart of everything we do. What sets us apart is our waste industry leading software which has been built from the ground up by our in-house software development team.
Greenzone’s bespoke customer portal “Customerzone” allows our customers to manage their waste collections, view invoices, raise support tickets, sign waste transfer notes and more, all efficiently and simply from one place.
Other in-house products include desktop software, Supplierzone and Site Audit Android App.
Our current tech stack consists of two major components: a legacy fat client written in WPF and C# and a new cloud-based web solution using Vue.JS with Typescript.
About the Role
As a key member of the Company’s Leadership Team, the Chief Technology Officer will contribute to the strategy and growth of the business by leading our in-house software delivery team in the development and maintenance of waste industry leading tech stack that meets our customers evolving needs. This role will also be responsible for leading the business’ migration to the cloud.
The role holder will be responsible for:
- Creating a technology strategy (including build vs buy strategy) to support the overall strategy of the business.
- Defining the business’ architecture standards.
- Staying abreast of developments in the technology and waste management fields.
- Ensuring the business maintains the highest level of information security standards.
- Partnering with the Leadership Team product owners to identify business requirements and translating these into a technology roadmap and project portfolio.
- Ensure the project portfolio is prioritised accordingly.
- Providing regular reporting to include project status vs target dates, costs, and benefits.
- Making appropriate build vs buy recommendations.
Development and Implementation
- Collaborating with stakeholders to gather and agree detailed business requirements.
- Driving a high quality, agile development process.
- Ensuring effective resource planning to achieve target dates.
- Overseeing all development, testing, implementation, and support (DevOps), and delivering fixes and resolutions in a timely manner.
- Supporting the effective training of IT systems to the wider business.
- Building and leading a high performing team committed to delivering exceptional service to internal clients.
- Coaching and developing team members.
- Building productive relationships with key stakeholders across the business.
- Effectively managing 3rd party relationships.
- Partnering with Finance to create and manage to cost budgets and to ensure maximum benefit is gained for R&D tax credits.
- Ability to contribute to wider business strategy as part of a small, dynamic Leadership Team.
- Ability to build productive relationships with Leadership Team product owners and stakeholders across and outside of the business.
- Ability to understand business client requirements and to translate these into technical solutions.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate technical concepts to a non-technical audience, avoiding jargon.
- Excellent time management and organisation skills.
- Strong leadership skills to effectively steer the technological development of the business.
Experience and Knowledge
- Good working knowledge and extensive experience of working in an Agile DevOps environment.
- Extensive experience of desktop and cloud software delivery.
- Proven experience of effective management, mentoring and coaching.
- Waste industry knowledge – to provide context to business needs and appropriate IT solutions.
- A desire to improve quality of delivery whilst meeting deadlines in a fast-paced working environment.
Greenzone has an exciting opportunity for a Customer Support Advisor to join our dynamic team based in Newark, Nottinghamshire.
About Greenzone Facilities Management Limited
Established in 2007, Greenzone are a specialist waste management company providing recycling lead services. Concentrating on providing zero to landfill solutions, using waste to energy as a solution wherever possible and ensuring the carbon footprint of our clients is kept to a minimum.
About the Role
The Customer Support Advisor will be responsible for handling all customer queries within specified timescales to ensure compliance and exceptional service delivery. The role is also responsible for the day to day running of client accounts under the direction and support of the Account Management Teams.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Processing service change requests and implement changes on the Company software
- Ensuring phone usage and calls are conducted in line with Company policies and training
- Handling and resolving customer and supplier queries, whilst ensuring customers and suppliers are kept up to date at all times
- Investigating and resolving invoice queries
The ideal candidate will have a strong confident personality with extensive experience of working in a customer facing role. You must have excellent written and verbal communication skills to enable you to communicate with customers and suppliers at all levels. The successful candidate will be able to manage their own workload and time efficiently and work well under pressure. Experience of working in the waste industry would be desirable but not essential.